The kitchen is without doubt the busiest room in the house, and unlike previous eras, the kitchen has morphed into more than just a place to cook food, as it generally regarded as the main area for the family to socialize, with a dining area, if space allows. Of course, the first thing to do is determine the scope of the renovation project, then decide how much money you are prepared to invest in a kitchen revamp. I recommend you do a bit of research on resurfacing cabinets online in order for you to develop a budget and get an idea of how much time and money you would be looking to invest into this project.
Keep in mind that you can do this virtually with the Sketchup rendering plugin, an innovative way to visualize and project your future home.
Here are a few tips on how to turn your house into a home:
- Draw a to-scale plan of the kitchen – This could be done with a sheet of A3, and start by adding permanent fixtures and items that will not be relocated. Look at many designs, which can easily be found with a Google search, and when you find a layout that works for you, this can be template for the new design.
- Choose high quality materials – The kitchen is most definitely a high-traffic area, which demands top quality indoor floor tiles and brand name kitchen appliances. Some appliances are bulky and hard to move around like stand up freezers and fridges, so you’d want them to last decades. I recommend using a Used Stainless Steel Three Door Commercial Freezer for durability and quality. You can browse this site for appliance options and if you need any spare parts to repair any of your appliances you can look into getting Hussmann case parts. If you are looking to cut a few corners, the kitchen is not the place to compromise quality for cost. You’ll want specific and durable materials like hdpe sheets for the countertop, so that your kitchen will be built to last. The kitchen sees a lot of traffic and use, which is why you must account for wear and tear.
- Bespoke Cabinets – While you could buy flat-pack kitchen cabinets, these would not be a perfect fit, but if you approached a local joiner, he could make the cabinets to perfectly fit the space, and if you are looking to save money, you could leave the existing kitchen cabinets and simply replace the doors.
- Luxury Vinyl Flooring – If the budget won’t stretch to genuine stone tile flooring, you could do vinyl flooring, which is more than up to the heavy wear you get in a family kitchen, with stone, timber and slate finishes. You can look for the help of a professional stonework masonry contractor if you’re not familiar with which stone will be best for your renovaton. Cork backing ensures a silent walking experience, and the money you save can be used to buy brand-name appliances. You can also use Water Proof Flooring Adhesive to ensure the flooring’s durability. For more flooring tips and ideas, check here!!!
- Colour Combinations – Ideally, you want to choose two colours that contrast well with each other; lilac and white, beige and cream, light green and amber, are just a few great colour combos that you can use in the kitchen. If you would like some colour inspiration, Google image ‘kitchen colour combinations’ and you can view hundreds of fine examples of stylish kitchens in a range of shades.
- Choosing a Contractor – Unless you happen to be a very competent DIY enthusiast, home improvements should be left to the professionals. When searching for local providers, check out the online reviews and testimonies, as they will give you a clear indication of the level of service you can expect to receive. Once the contractor knows your budget, they can make a few design suggestions, and do prepare questions to ask, and it is a good idea to ask several contractors to quote for the project. In addition, always remember that there is a heightened risk of fire in the kitchen, and you will most likely need fire alarm systems that can help you detect danger when there is a fire as well as a fire extinguisher that can help you extinguish or control small fires. Moreover, here are some government information on fire prevention, which is a recommended reading material. If you want an outdoor kitchen, you can visit this site.
The kitchen is not a room that you want to renovate often, and with quality commercial kitchen equipment, materials and products, your new kitchen will stand the test of time. Once that’s done, visit your furniture or dining table store for the perfect kitchen.